InstallShield is a commonly used installer creation tool from Flexera (formely Macrovision).
Documentation for all of the InstallShield products is available at the Flexera web site.
In many instances, InstallShield packaged programs are distributed as self-extracting zip files. These can be pre-extracted using any unzip program to provide access to the standard InstallShield setup.exe. The silent install method(s) available for InstallShield packaged software depend on the version and type of installer the software authors decided to create. See the Links section for more details.
- InstallShield Setup Silent Installation Switches AppDeploy.com
- InstallShield Silent Uninstall AppDeploy.com
- Many installers explained Unattended
- Traditional Silent Mode for InstallScript MSI Installations Macrovision.com
- Setup.exe and Update.exe Command-Line Parameters Macrovision.com