Software dedicated to work with WPKG
See the user contributed software page for a list of programs, scripts etc. dedicated to working with WPKG.
 Other software
Unattended - a system for fully automating the installation of Windows 2000 Professional and Server, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003.
- Automated install of OS, hotfixes, and applications
- Full documentation and source code
- Support for floppy, CD-ROM, and "nothing but net" installs
- True unattended installation, not disk imaging
- No Windows servers required; use your Unix servers instead
- No Unix servers required; use your Windows servers after all
- Completely free
When you are finished setting up Unattended, you will be able to boot any PC from a floppy disk, CD-ROM, or from the network, answer a few questions, and come back an hour or two later to a fully-installed Windows workstation.
 Unattended GUI
Unattended GUI - a GUI for Unattended. Also a collection of scripts for inventory, deinstallation and other add-ons.
Diegostart - Unattended Windows installation based on Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD.
- can install Windows operating systems starting with 2000 and all the way up to the latest Windows server class systems
- Based on answer files, batch scripts and free software.
- Allows simultaneous installation of different classes of systems, e.g. Windows XP Pro for a Computing Lab, Windows XP pro for a laptop, Windows XP Pro for a Staff person.
- Free as in beer
opsi, Open PC Server Integration - a Linux server based system for automating Windows deployment, software installation and inventory.
- A VMware machine with a ready to use opsi server can be downloaded - all you need to add is the original Windows installation media.
- Supports Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008,.
- Is based on two methods of accessing a client computer: First, a network boot with a Linux image, that can e.g. be used for preparing an OS installation, or saving and restoring a partition. Second, a boot of the installed OS, in which a service is implanted. This service triggers the execution of install processes or other scripts. These processes are controlled by SSL-requests to the "opsi configuration service" which runs on the opsi server.
- The software configuration of each client can be individually configured.
- To prepare the software packages for deployment there is a scriptable environment that combines different approaches as Windows Installer packages, automated installs by AutoIt scripts, and specific command calls.
 OCS Inventory NG
OCS Inventory NG, Open Computer and Software Inventory Next Generation - includes a package deployment feature on client computers. From the central management server, you can upload packages (software setup, commands or just files to store on client computers) which will be downloaded and launched by an agent on the client computer.
See also OcsInventory Agent
Munki - OSS 1st and 3rd party software installation server for Mac OS X clients that is thematically similar to WPKG.