Help:Add silent installers
From WPKG | Open Source Software Deployment and Distribution
Add silent installers
If you've never contributed to a wiki before it can take some time to figure out how to add a new page and link it up to the correct category.
To add a silent installer simply follow the next few steps:
- Type the name of the application/tool you want to add in the search box.
- If no page exist yet with that name you can click on the "Create an article with this title" link.
- Type a short introduction of the application. Use the "External Link" button in the toolbar to add a link where one can download the application from.
- Type your XML code between the <source lang="xml"> </source> tags.
- Use environment variables like %PROGRAMFILES% to specify the paths. For a thorough list of Windows environment variables see Windows environment variables. Similarly, please also use %SOFTWARE% to specify the WPKG package installation directory on the server. Silent installer scripts will then work for everyone's setup, rather than only those whose directory structure matches your own.
- Link your silent installer to the "Silent Installers" category by adding the following as your last line: