Come back to see all WPKG news...
WPKG 1.0-rc5 has been released.
- added support for 64-bit Windows to wpkg.js
Thanks to Rainer Meier.
WPKG 1.0-rc4 has been released.
WPKG Client 1.2-rc5 has been released.
- Minor bugfixes.
WPKG 1.0-rc2 has been released.
- Closed request 86 (Ability to postpone reboot to the end of the script execution).
Thanks to Rainer Meier for that.
WPKG Client 1.2-rc3 has been released.
- Minor fixes found after releasing WPKG Client 1.2-rc1 and -rc2 (closed bugs: 60, 67, 84, 85).
WPKG Client 1.2-rc1 has been released.
- Offline mode
- Configuration check/validation
- New reboot behaviour
- WPKG service dependency on TCPIP and ADF services
See http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-announce/2007-December/000038.html for more details.
WPKG 1.0-rc1 has been released.
This is a big improvement over all previous releases. See http://wpkg.org/files/beta/CHANGES-wpkg-1.0-rc1 for a detailed changelog.
Big thanks to Rainer Meier for this release!
WPKG 0.9.12-test3 has been released.
- don't require config.xml
- fixed bug 75 (File version check does not work properly)
WPKG 0.9.12-test2 has been released.
- minor fixes
WPKG 0.9.12-test1 has been released.
- it is possible to set variables through hosts/profiles/packages - Frank Lee
- fixed bug 59 (reboot with logon delay does not work)
- fixed bug 73 (dryrun does not stop rebooting) - Alex Owen
- some minor cleanups
WPKG Client 1.0-rc2 has been released.
Changes from 1.0-rc1
- fixed logon delay not working on Windows 2000
- when exporting, we set the mode to silent (<silent><YES</silent>) automatically in settings.xml file
WPKG Client 1.0-rc1 has been released.
- We changed the name to "WPKG Client". This name is more descriptive.
- Rebooting should finally work.
- Still, a change in wpkg.js is needed: wpkg.js needs to end with exit code 3010 - WPKG Client will reboot in that case.
- We don't wan't to reboot indefinitely if system administrator made an error - WPKG Client will reboot the machine only five times in a row; if wpkg.js still ends with exit code 3010, we won't reboot for the sixth time. To reset the counter, wpkg.js needs to exit with exit code different than 3010.
- WPKG Client should install and work with Vista (logon delay is not supported though).
- WPKG service can be now disabled when everything is done (switch available in GUI).
- Settings can be imported from GUI and from command line.
- Added WPKG icons and logos - big thanks to Eric Le Henaff.
- Event Log entries get a proper description (Error, Info etc.).
- Some minor changes in the GUI.
- Minor fixes and cleanups.
If you're upgrading from an older version, you have to add SETTINGSFILE pointing to a proper settings.xml file. Future releases will be able to upgrade without settings.xml file (will use current settings). As always with rc- releases, take extra care before deploying it on important machines.
TODO before releasing WPKG Client 1.0 ("final")
- Modify wpkg.js so that it exits with code 3010 when reboot is needed. Sample patches are of course welcome.
- Right now, "Help..." button in WPKG Client doesn't display any useful info. This should be fixed before the final release. If you can, please help finishing this information - it's located on http://wpkg.org/index.php/WPKG_Client_-_GUI_help
WPKG Client can be downloaded from http://wpkg.org/index.php/Download
WPKG 0.9.11-test1 has been released.
- Default settings are now in a seperate file 'config.xml'
- WPKG Can now directly pull the XML files from WPKG Web.